News & Stories
On October 8, 2020 the African Art Museum of MD (AAMM) turned 40 years old. We are pleased to announce the museum also opened on that day. Our new hours of operation are Wednesday through Saturday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. In an effort to help us celebrate this great achievement, celebrated jewelry artist, Elena Crusoe, has donated her time in the design and execution of 47 commemorative necklaces. Twenty of these pieces are being made available on this website for a donation of $195.00. The remaining pieces will be available in the museum. Each piece is unique, although it may have some resemblance to another piece. Each piece has a replica of the museum’s logo on the front, the founding date on the back, and may include semi-precious, African trade beads, pearls, turquoise, and more.
You can make your donation for these limited-supply commemorative pieces several ways. You can:
- Order online and have the item shipped to you for an additional flat fee of $5.00
- Order online and arrange to pick up the item at the museum.
- Go to the museum and view/pick up the item(s), but contact the museum at 410.740.7411 in advance.
- Pay with either your PayPal or credit card account
– Find out more about the artist – Elena Crusoe Aiken
– Make your donation and view the commemorative necklace in our shopping page.
Questions? Call Mrs. Ligon at 410.740.7411 or send email to email@example.com.